Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Singing the blues

The other night I had a dream that I could sing the Blues better than anyone. I don't know how this came up, but it was true. For some reason, I was the best Blues musician that ever lived.

I think this has something to do with the fact that my car was stolen the day before.

It was a good car, my car. Old, yes. No fancy features to speak of. Well, it did have automatic seatbelts, actually, but I don't think that counts. It served me well and didn't complain too much. All it ever asked for was a full gas tank and an oil change every 3000 miles. And now some thief somewhere is pissed that he stole my hunk of junk. Because it won't work for anyone but me. Maybe he'll crash it into a ditch so it can be recovered.

Mr. (or Mrs.) Thief, who/wherever you are, just ditch my car already. Please. No questions asked. Just park it on the side of the road or the highway or in a tow-away zone and walk away. Surely you can do better than my 1989 Toyota Camry. I have faith in you. You just need to believe in yourself, and you can do anything you set your mind to. Go for the big score, the BMW, the Porsche, the Humvee, what-have-you. You can do it, man.

On the plus side, I have a very nice rental car in the meantime. And I figured out how to change my blog settings such that the time displayed is US-Eastern, so it doesn't look like I'm writing this at 6:00 A.M.

*Sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home