Monday, March 01, 2004

Huh huh...you said Black Hole...

Re: The brother's "Black Hole" meditations -- I always thought the ending was Heaven and Hell, too. I mean, what else would it be? There are only two scenes (besides the ending) that I remember from that movie...

1) The two robot dudes fighting Maximillion and the older one getting killed. Very touching and tender moment betwixt two robot buds. Didn't we have the action figures for those guys at some point? I distinctly remember playing with some Black Hole-inspired figurines.

2) Maximillion cutting through that one guy's chest with his Freddy Krueger-esque whirling blade attack. That shit freaked me out.

Oh, and speaking of crappy scifi, remember that Nickelodeon film with the big Chewbacca-looking thing with the glowing red nose? What the hell was that shit?

Katie (and everybody else who isn't my brother) -- you probably won't understand anything in this post so far. What can I say? I'm a big ol' dork.

Just got finished watching Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Now that's a crap movie. Why do people think it's the best high school hijinx flick since the Breakfast Club? Oooo, she gets an abortion, it's all serious 'n shit. Oooo.

Oh, and I also read "Dances With Wolves" recently. I don't know what to make of that book, but it's really sticking with me for some reason. Makes me want to study Native American history. Or at least read some kinda first-person narrative history of the Commanche.

Still haven't seen "The Passion". Must see it soon, or will be left behind the hype tidal wave. Maybe it'll provide talking points for me and IB.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home