Monday, April 10, 2006

The Finns do it again

It's amazing the random crap you'll find on wikipedia.

Today, for instance, I was trying to figure out if there actually was a difference between a "choir" and a "chorus". The answer: not really. But on wikipedia's page about choirs, there was a subsection entitled "Shouting Choirs". What's a shouting choir, you might ask? Well, this, apparently.

You owe it to yourself to listen to their rendition of The Star-Spangled Banner. It's just ... there are no words, really. Just listen. And if you speak Finnish (or whatever the hell those people speak), do let me know the director says at the end that's so funny. I like to think it's a witty remark about the Bush administration.

2 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger mikey mcclenathan said...

i'm pretty sure i didn't like that. so why do i keep listening to it? these are the kinds of questions that keep me up at night.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Dgcopter said...

See, the more I listen to it, the more it grows on me. Especially the random howling in the middle. Nothing says America like gratuitous howling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home