Friday, January 09, 2004

OT on the MLK

So Martin Luther King Day is coming up, in case you didn't know -- January 19th. My company only started recognizing it as a holiday last year. However, we're still open on that day, so anyone who volunteers to work then gets paid time-and-a-half, which is pretty nice. The funny thing is, the temp agency I work for (well, worked for, as of the end of today) doesn't actually recognize it as a holiday, which means that if Idiot Boy wants to get paid at all, he has to come in -- and he won't get no time-and-a-half, neither. But I will! So yay for me!

Speaking of the job, I did my little drug test yesterday. It was very exciting. Peed into a little cup and everything. Right now, my bodily fluids are being whisked away to some lab somewhere to be analyzed. And you thought your job was bad. What must a conversation with a urine-analyzer on a first date be like?

Hot Chick: So, what do you do for a living?
Urine Analyzer: Well, I analyze piss. But the benefits are outstanding. I'm hoping to get promoted to stool samples next month.

** Note to any feminists out there -- the UA could be male, or a lesbian. I suppose he could've been a woman, but is this really a field in which you'd want absolute equality? Oh, and his date is hot because ... well, give the guy a break.

Oh, and I beat the shit out of LoK: Defiance. It got really friggin' awesome towards the end. Kain and Raziel's stories finally come together, and it's the coolest sequence of scenes in any of the LoK games, hands down. It's basically the game I've been waiting for ever since I played the first Soul Reaver. A highly satisfying (and conclusive -- go fig) ending, dialogue that's half-way decent, and all the bazillion loose ends get tied up, more or less. Hallelujah.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home