Wednesday, July 16, 2003

'Cuz it's a bittersweet symphony...

I hate that fucking song. I only bring it up because I just got back from interviewing at a school that looked an awful lot like the one in Cruel Intentions. Very ritzy and fancy-schmance. That was my second warning that this job wasn't for me. Ever read the book "Savage Inequalities" by Jonathan Kozol? You should. This is the kind of shit he was talking about. Here's this million-dollar resort-school not two miles away from Central, where I student taught, in which there weren't enough desks for the kids.

The first warning, by the way, was the fact that it's only for a half-year. Oh, and the third warning was that the guy who interviewed before me actually did his student teaching at the school. All three of these things tell me that Moses Brown, cool Quaker philosophy or no, can keep their damn job.

End rant.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home