Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the movies...

Oh Lord. This is going to suck. So much. As if the goddam stage version wasn't bad enough.

So RotK premieres tomorrow, I hear. I won't be going to see it right away, since I haven't gotten tickets and I imagine that the theatre's going to be packed for the next month or so. Plus, I need to see Two Towers again because I don't remember what happens after the battle at Helm's Deep, and I seem to recall all that stuff with Isildur's brother and the dragons 'n shit being significant somehow. People are already calling Part III the best movie ever made, so I'm reasonably psyched about it. Although, I must say I was more psyched about seeing The Matrix: Revolutions. Probably because I was more worried that it might suck ass. And lo and behold, it did. I'm not too worried about RotK. The first two films were called the best movies ever made, too (except by hardcore Tolkein fans), and I'm sure the third won't be any worse. It's hard to go wrong when you've got such kick-ass source material and a director committed to making a really excellent film.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home