Wednesday, December 10, 2003

The good, and the bad 'n ugly

Let's start with the bad 'n ugly first, 'cuz this just happened to me and I find it amusing. Remember the hubbub I created at work by mentioning I was Jewish? Apparently, someone wasn't listening. One of my coworkers just handed out Christmas cards to everybody. Including me. Which wouldn't be so bad if they were your generic, "Merry Christmas and a happy New Year" kind of cards. This card is a bit different. On the front, it says, "Christmas -- A Time When Our Hearts Are Rekindled With HIS Love". The inside: "An unwavering faith, a perpetual hope, an eternal love from heaven -- may your Christmas and New Year be filled with these wonderful blessings from the Lord." And in smaller print, a verse from I Corinthians. On the back, another Bible verse, this one from Luke 2:11 -- "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a SAVIOUR, which is CHRIST THE LORD." You might recognize this verse from Handel's Messiah. By the way, all capitalization is as it appears on the card.

Wow. Either this guy missed the whole Jew-boy conversation, or he's trying to convert me. (I did notice that every word on the inside of the card had been underlined in pen) I think it's working...in the other direction. I feel like I should wear a Yarmulke and grow out my sideburns Hasidic-style just so I can get the point across that I'M FUCKING JEWISH!!

Now for the good. At the end of the day yesterday, I was speaking with my supervisor, and I mentioned in a half-joking way that if I had to listen to Alvin and the Chipmunks one more time, I was going to kill myself. Turns out she sent an email to the manager for our unit (she had complained to him about the music before, it seems) stating that it wasn't just her who was being driven insane. Manager then sent out an email to eveyrone saying no more music. No words can express how happy this made me. Huzzah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home