Thursday, December 04, 2003

Memories...

I just took a gander at my old a capella group's website, and man-oh-man is it awesome. I'm pleased to see that, despite my laziness which led to the current members having to get a new access password created, it has been updated with current info ... and pictures, even! Oh, I miss those guys. Too bad I was such a neurotic mess throughout the entirety of my senior year that I couldn't fully enjoy my last year with 'em. They've even managed to finally get the much-anticipated CD produced! It's being released tomorrow!! Can you tell by the number of exclamation points I'm using that I'm super-psyched?!!?!!!? Don't worry, mom ... I'll get you one.

You know, a lot of people in college a capella groups get burned out pretty quickly with the whole "scene". Not me. I loved my group. However, I still say that "mainstream" a capella sucks donkey scrotum. You know, arrangements of Britney Spears with some dude going, "thbbt-wacka-chicka" to imitate percussion. Stupid crap like that. I'm proud to say that mya capella alma mater sings songs that were actually originally written for SATB voices. And that's the way it should be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home