Friday, January 16, 2004

"Working" Lunch

My boss is a swell guy. Sometimes, when we have to work through lunch, he buys us lunch. Plus, we get paid overtime for working through lunch. It was a tad busy today, so he bought us lunch. It arrived, it was tasty. Well, when I was about halfway through, I got a call. I looked at my super-high-tech phone and saw that there were two more calls "in queue", that is, people on hold, listening to muzak, waiting to talk to someone. I look up, and Idiot Boy has logged off the phone and is eating.

I couldn't help myself. I finished my call, then I said: "Hey, Idiot Boy," (except I used his real name), "get back on the phone!"

IB: "But I'm hungry, I wanna eat..."

Me: "We all wanna eat. It's called a 'Working Lunch'."

Supervisor Lady: "Is that why we're in queue?"

IB: (groans, gets back on the phone)

See, this is when I have a really hard time wishing him well. When his stupidity screws everyone over. And it does, by the way, screw everyone over -- we have these kind of quotas when it comes to answering calls in a certan amount of time, and every call that's in queue screws our stats up.

Anyway, lest you think I only talk about work and video games (ahem), here's a change of pace. I'm writing a story. Which is odd, seeing as how I haven't written anything creative in, oh, 4 years or so. I was inspired by my recent phase of nostalgia and wanting to talk to Eric. So I'm writing a story about him. And me, I guess. Maybe I'll post it when it's more done.

Going to Katie's house for the weekend. Yay! Tasty food, well-heated house ... oh, and girlfriend. I think we're going to watch 28 Days Later, because she thinks it's the worst movie ever made (although it did quite well on Rottentomatoes). And maybe watch all the cutscenes in LoK: Defiance so she can see how cool it is.

Damn, there I go back to video games again. Well, I guess I'm just a big ol' dork.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home