Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Yo Mammago

Now playing: Beyond Good & Evil. Best game ever?

It's plays like Zelda, but set in sci-fi world. And has better dialogue. And a better plot. In short, it's like Zelda, but a lot better. Lots of hidden crap (how in the name of god are you supposed to get all 88 pearls without consulting a walkthrough?), a ridiculous mid-game area that I'm still stuck at (fuckin' factory...), and a talking pig. What else could you want from a game? How about a hovercraft, a photo-scavenger hunt, amazing graphics (the backgrounds are on par with ICO), and a super-kickin' soundtrack? It's got all that, too. Not enough can be said about how awesome the soundtrack is. I especially like the song that plays at the "Mammago Garage" (where you go to upgrade your hovercraft). It's this reggae-esque jam. Very catchy. Oh, and the Latin-Salsa thing that plays when you go through the hovercraft race. That's freakin' awesome, too. The last time I liked a soundtrack this much was Final Fantasy VI (and VII, and VIII).

Ok, I think I've used up my quota of parentheses.

One downside: the combat. It's a wee bit on the repetitive side. Also, I'm not sure what kind of replay value this game will have. I know that, after I finish the current run-through I'm on, I'll have to play through it at least one more time so I can get all the aforementioned hidden crap. After that, I think I'll just play through it again so I can listen to the music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home