Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Changing Gears

I'm gonna put the Awesomeness formula aside for a moment and confess something. There are two shows on television I really enjoy watching, and I feel somewhat guilty about one of them. The one I don't feel guilty about is House, MD, the new medical-dramedy on Fox. It's a real fun show, very amusing at times. But I think I've got the formula for an episode of House down now:

Act I.

Random guy/gal going about their daily lives. S/he collapses, brought to House's hospital.

Wilson: You've gotta help this person!

House: (something snarky)

Wilson: But s/he's really sick!

House: Well, okay. What else am I gonna do for the next hour?

Foreman: I think it's some kinda crazy brain disease.

Cameron: I think it's some kinda crazy bacteria.

Chase: I'm an asshole. Americans suck!

House: (something snarky) Let's treat her for some crazy disease nobody's ever heard of.

Act II

(Treatment begins, patient gets better for a while, then falls into a coma/has a heart attack/skin starts falling off)

House: Oops.

Foreman: Let's do an MRI/X-ray/perform some other random test.

Chase: You're an idiot!

Cameron: Why can't we all just get along?

House: (something snarky)

Cameron: You're hot.

(They perform aforementioned crazy test, which turns up some other thing they haven't noticed before)

House: Treat her for that weird thing.

Act III

(Treatment begins, but has no effect/patient gets worse)

House (to patient's mother/father/brother/uncle/son): You lied to us.

Aforementioned Relative: All I didn't tell you was about that one time s/he went to Africa/ate some bad sushi/brought home a flea-ridden cat!

House: A-ha! The disease is actually some rare thing that only occurs in 1 / 500,000 people! Fortunately, the cure is aspirin. Here ya go.

Patient: Thanks, Dr. House, you glorious bastard!

House: (something snarky)

So, you know, kinda predictable. But still fun.

The other show, my guilty pleasure, is Angel. The not-so-successful spinoff of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Now, I didn't really like Buffy, but I find Angel highly entertaining. I'm curious what you Buffy fans out there thought of Angel. I'm guessing you didn't like it so much since it was only on for 5 seasons. You ungrateful bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home