Thursday, March 17, 2005

Anti-Gone

Okay, so Mikey just reminded me about this, and it is definitely blog-worthy. And this'll make up for me not posting yesterday. Still on track, baby!

As long time fans of my blog (read: those of you who know me in real life) will know, I was in a classical a capella group in college. It was awesome. We rox0rzed. Anyhoo, one time this experimental music group called Antigone (pronounced, in this case, "Anti-Gone") wanted us to perform with them. Their whole deal was that they used toys to make music. Those little multicolored six-note xylophones, squeaky toys, tickle-me Elmos, those little wheel-things where you pull a string and it says "The cow says mooooo", etc.

Our contribution to the performance was to sing this really slow, sad song completely straight-faced, dressed all in black (which was actually our normal concert attire), while the Antigone folks rode around on mini-tricycles making various toy-noises and generally being silly. It was a hoot.

The grand finale for the show involved the Antigone guys coming out on stage naked holding various toys over their naughty bits for one final, slow, sad farewell. A good time was had by all.

And speaking of naughty bits, check out this blog I just happened to stumble across whilst surfing around. Now, I won't say exactly how I stumbled across this, but suffice to say, google will turn up some crazy shit when you're looking for perfectly innocent things. Eh, who am I kidding? I am so gonna get fired one of these days...

Oh, by the way, mom -- don't click that link. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home