Friday, October 07, 2005

Not enough hours in the day

Attention all my fellow St. Louisians: The Chamber Chorus is having its first concert this SUNDAY (Sunday, sunday...). 3:00 PM at the St. Louis Abbey, the shit goes down. By which I mean, some awesome classical music will be sung. And who knows? I might actually be among the folk singing. Come one, come all, and prepare to have your mind blown.

The bad side of all this singing is that I don't have enough time to do ... well, anything else. My entire day Saturday is going to be taken up by the dress rehearsal for the aforementioned concert. How's a guy supposed to fit in video games?

Whilst my brother was in town, he recommended (read: shoved into my hands) a book by Tom Robbins entitled Jitterbug Perfume. I'm still not that far along, but so far I've established that beets are somehow important in the grand scheme of things. I was really digging the section about Alobar, the king of some pre-Roman Germanic tribe, but then the narrative jumped to modern day. Which is a shame, because I've always found the ancient folk of the British Isles more interesting than some waitress in Seattle.

Suggestion to the powers-that-be at Bloggerland: How's about something that lets you view the most recent updates to one's blog? For example, when I logged in today, I noticed that my deal was last updated today, which I'm pretty sure means somebody commented on one of my posts. But I don't know which one. That makes me sad.

2 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger mikey mcclenathan said...

don't you have it set so that you get an email when someone comments you? what are you, crazy?

good luck in the concert if you end up singing...

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Dgcopter said...

Oh yeah...I forgot about that feature. Excuse me while I feel like a dumbass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home