Monday, November 24, 2003

Singing idiots and princes

First of all, I have to say this to someone, or I may go on a homicidal rampage*: the idiot I work with is using his computer to log on to an internet radio station and sing along with the likes of Neil Diamond and Elton John. Not only does he sing exceptionally poorly, but I'm pretty sure that anyone who happens to call in asking me about their benefits can hear "Rocket Man" in the background. Oh, and he hacks up phlegm a lot, too. Someone fire this stupid son of a bitch.

*Note to any FBI agents reading this: I'm not really going to go an a homicidal rampage. Please don't arrest me. Thank you.

Now renting: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. It is pretty badass, I must say. I can understand my brother's problem with using one move to kill 80% of the bad guys, but really, that only works for the first 20% of the game or so (I know the percentage because the save files list your percent completed). After that, if you try that shit, you get smacked. However, there are other "one-hit-wonder" moves that still work ... wall rebounds tend to be pretty successful. In any case, I think the game is pretty damn cool. The whole "time reversal" bit is a very nice way to cut down on the tedium that these types of games sometimes fall victim to (see "Lara Croft: Angel of Darkness"). I only wish there were parts where you took control of the princess or something, or at least interacted with her a bit more. It would also be nice if your control of time had other practical purposes like, say, causing a wall to age rapidly and crumble or something. But then again, how many ways do you need to knock down a wall? Oh, and speaking of my bro, thanks for that link to the post describing how to unlock PoP 1. Turns out old-school games like that are really friggin' hard to play with a PS2 controller. Especially with a somewhat jerky framerate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home