Wednesday, November 26, 2003

When Steve Martin was funny...

What with "Bringing Down the House" and all, it's hard to remember that there was a time that Steve Martin was actually funny. Really funny. And smart, too. I say this because I've come to the decision that "L.A. Story" is the best romantic comedy ever made. Well, the best romantic comedy on film. After all, "A Midsummer Night's Dream" (which the movie is loosely based on) is pretty damn good, too. My absolute favorite scene of all time: when Sara is on the plane to go back to England, and that Enya song is playing, and Steve Martin is all sullen, and then the fog comes in and the airplane's compass goes crazy and they can't take off. Gives me chills. And this coming from someone who hates the whole "romantic comedy" genre. Gigli was supposed to be a romantic comedy (it was actually just a hunk of poo on cellulite). Need I say more?

Oh, and I won PoP: SoT (see previous post to decipher abbreviation). I don't mess around when I get my game on. I was a little disappointed with the last boss fight and ending, but it seems that every game ever made has an unsatisfactory final boss fight and ending -- except for Final Fantasy IV - VIII (although I didn't personally care for the ending of Final Fantasy V, I'll let that one slide). And even with those, people tend to think the final boss fights are too easy. Regardless, the ending to Final Fantasy VIII is the best ending ever. Yes, you have to slough through 60+ hours of tedious and obnoxious gameplay to get there, but man, is it worth it.

And speaking of Final Fantasy, what the hell is this? According to gamespot, it's a screenshot from Final Fantasy X-2, but I think that's a big fat lie. That, or someone pulled an "All Your Base" on the site and screwed with the screenshot. In any case, I still want to play that game -- it's gotten high-good reviews, which is prety typical for the Final Fantasy series. At least, it's typical nowadays. I remember a time when every Final Fantasy game that came out was "the best game ever made". No such praise here, but what can you expect from a thinly-veiled ploy to cash in on name recognition?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home