Friday, January 30, 2004

And speaking of the Army...

It's the step-dad's 60th birthday today. 60 years. Ah, what would a birthday be without the obligatory "old" jokes? The big six-oh-my-god-my-back-hurts. Just remember, you're only as old as you feel. So make sure you get good and drunk and you won't feel anything. If you were a wine, you'd be vinegar. Ok, I think that'll do for now. Happy birthday, Bill -- may your DVD collection continue to grow, and may JAG never go off the air. Oh, and may your taste in music hopefully evolve beyond the mother's "smooth jazz" nonsense. Not that I have anything against "Boney McBone" or whatever, but at your age ... Ok, I'll stop. Seriously, happy birthday.

Oh, and speaking of manly things like smooth jazz, the Superbowl's in two days. So I'm back to the old dilemma of trying to decide whether or not I want to watch. On the one hand, I don't really care about football. On the other, I want to see all the nifty commercials that have a higher production value than some independent films. What's a boy to do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home