Friday, October 29, 2004

I am your singing telegram *bang*

Funny story from work:

The other day, I got this phone call that involved me having to put the caller on hold while I contacted another company for some info. I was, in turn, put on hold by that company. While I was on hold, I decided to be a smart ass and sing along with the muzak. I said something like, "I hope this call is being monitored so people will know what a great singer I am."

Well, turns out the call was being monitored (that is, my supervisor listened to it and "graded" me on my performance -- that happens 6 times a month). I looked at the review she gave me, and this was written in the "comments" section: "You are a good singer."

Today I get an email from this dude who is apparently one of the watchers of the watchers. He praised my upbeat attitude, my committment to providing quality customer service, and my singing ability, and recommended that I try out for Star Search.

Who said big corporations don't have a sense of humor?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home