Friday, March 11, 2005

So anyway...

...and that's why I hate cabbage.

So, like I was saying, things sure are uneventful 'round here. I finally got a promotion and a raise -- call me SENIOR customer service rep, bitches -- but otherwise all is the same as before. My life is like Waiting for Godot ... nothing happens. Twice.

Oh, but yesterday, I got a friendly little note in the mail from the Office of the Jury Commissioner, telling me that my name has been pulled for jury duty! I'm kinda psyched, actually. It'll be like Law & Order, but, like, boring. I haven't actually been summoned yet, but I could be anytime between this July and the next. I do know that it would be for a "petit jury" (as opposed to a "grand jury", and no I didn't make up the term "petit jury"), so I could totally throw someone's ass in jail. Or not. I guess it depends. I think it's gonna be like Twelve Angry Men. Only with air conditioning. And in color. And, like, with some women thrown in there. Probably.

Wil Wheaton was on CSI last night and was friggin' awesome. I think the crazy homeless cracked-out hobo Walter should be a recurring character. Like the Traveller from Next Generation. But with more crack smoking. And yelling at invisible voices. And then, at the end, Walter could go to the Native American planet and fuckin' disappear. That would be sweet. Oh, and right before CSI was the Star Wars: Episode III trailer on Fox. It actually looks like it could be considerably less shitty than the previous two episodes. Like Star Trek VI. But I think the dialogue will still be gag-inducing. Like Star Trek VI ("you've never fully appreciated Shakespeare until you've heard him in the original Klingon! nyuk nyuk nyuk").

So I'm reading "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" now. It's a fun read ... disturbing, but fun. And full of cool math stuff, like the Monty Hall Problem. That blew my mind, I tell you what. Oh, and I also read some of Chaucer's Troilus and Criseyde -- and a pretty great paper about the same by a certain someone -- which has made me want to read the Shakespeare version, but I think it's one of those Shakespeare plays that suck. Like Pericles or Winter's Tale.

And I've finally listened to Wizard People, Dear Reader, and nearly peed my pants at least a dozen times. "I am a destroyer of worlds! I am Harry fucking Potter!"

That's all for now. And, as that one guy in The Last Dragon said, catch you on the flip flop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home