Monday, December 13, 2004

Numa Numa

I knew there was a reason I still checked Newgrounds.

Here it is. It's my new favorite Internet earworm. I suggest watching it with the subtitles on so you can be driven crazy (like I was) trying to figure out what the hell language that is. It looks like some hybrid between Italian and French and sounds like Portuguese. What the hell?

Alright, I'll tell you. It's an oft-overlooked Romance language, Romanian. But I think this song is gonna put Romanian back on the map, linguistically speaking.

And just to round things out, here's a link to the video the band, "O-Zone", made. It's cute, in a Power-Rangers-anime-Backstreet-Boys kinda way. Personally, I think the fat kid dancing in front of his webcam is better, but that's just me. Apparently, this song is big in the European club scene. So get in on the ground floor now, my fellow Americans. The Romanians are coming.

Oh, and here's a link to a translation of the lyrics ... into French. Chew on that one for a while, suckas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home