Monday, October 10, 2005

Rock the abbey

So it turns out I did, in fact, get to sing in the concert. Yay! The acoustics in the abbey were awesome. And even though my voice cracked something fierce on the last note of the last song, it was a blast. And check this shit out -- they paid me to sing. Seriously. Now, we're not talking about a lot here, but enough to, say, buy a few 12-packs of your favorite beer. Or to buy a lifetime supply of Pabt's Blue Ribbon. Man, I tell ya, if I could get paid enough to make a living doing this, I would totally quit my job today. Now I just need to become a rockstar like Mikey. Or maybe just a backup singer. I could play the cowbell and do some awesome dance moves while he sings "Viking's Funeral". Or I could just be a roadie. That would be pretty cool, too.

Unfortunately, the director told me I won't be singing in the next concert. Some other tenor dude is going to be in the group for that one. But I may be back for concert #3, which features some medievel Christmas music. That'd be fun. This next concert involves the group singing with a children's choir, I believe. And -- special note of interest to you Copland fans -- another song by Copland. Something called "Las Agachadas" I believe. Those of you who speak Spanish, feel free to chime in with a translation. I think it has something to do with shaking and/or dancing.

2 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger mikey mcclenathan said...

but what if PBR is your favorite beer?

i need a keyboard player way more than i need a triangle player. :)

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Dgcopter said...

Man, if PBR is your favorite beer, then you are set for life. Your taste buds may have been destroyed, but at least you can support your beer habit with little financial strain.

Hey, I can play keyboard! I'll be like the Cheat. Doop doop doop doop doop!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home