Thursday, June 10, 2004

On Being a Smart Ass

Got a present today -- my Series 6 training stuff! Complete with practice exams and a CD-ROM of more practice exams. Yeehaw! Now if I could just get my fingerprints taken, life would be grand.

So it turns out that I'm not the only one whose been trying to get this stuff. A few other people in my unit have as well. For more than a year, says my supervisor (who has also been waiting for it). It's been delayed by the fact that the boss can't really justify it in the budget -- our group doesn't require Series 6 licensing. However, my Series 6 stuff isn't being paid by my group's budget; it's being paid by the group that I applied to be in a few months ago. Because eventually, I'm going to join them. Apparently, applying for that job got people's attention.

See? It pays to be a smartass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home