Wednesday, May 12, 2004

My new friend

This guy who I work with, Jay, is my new friend. I've been driving him home for the past couple of weeks, so we've gotten to talking. We both share an interest in video games and '80s kitch. To wit, he loves Milli Vanilli. We've been sitting at our desks all day singing bits from "Blame it on the Rain". It's silly.

We've also been discussing the forthcoming PSP, the portable gaming console by Sony. It looks like it'll kick some serious ass. It's basically a portable Playstation, complete with the ability to play movies. It looks way cooler than Nintendo's competing product, the "DS". That stands for "Dual Screen", so named because the handheld console features two screens, one of which can be operated using a PDA-esque stylus. I'm not sure what role the stylus would play in the actual gaming, though -- I think the DS is meant to double as a PDA thereby bridging the gap between utility and entertainment. Or something.

In any case, I'm saving my money for the Playstation 3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home