Friday, June 04, 2004

Don't Call it a Comeback...

What's going down? Sorry I've been away for awhile -- been partying like a madman with my guh'fren. And by "partying" I mean "eating very tasty vegetarian food and playing video games". She's one helluva veggie cook, my lady is. I think she should look into that as a possible career, a la Morgan Spurlock's wife.

I also attended her graduation on Monday of this week. It was like my own, but without all the goddam rain. Which is to say, it was awesome. The speaker at Baccalaureate was this Iranian lawyer/activist/educator who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2003 for her work in trying to bring democracy to Iran. It was quite the speech. Unfortunately, the person doing the translating sucked. Terribly. So it sounded a lot more virulent than it actually was, as though she were talking smack about America. Which, you know, is kind of an odd thing to do in a college graduation speech. Even if the college is Brown.

I then ate a ton of expensive and tasty food courtesy of her 'rents, which was also nice. Oh, and I hung out with her sister and her sister's husband (brother-in-law? as those of you who've known me all my life know, I've always had a problem keeping familial terminology straight), both cool people. And the sister gave her an iPod Mini, which is hella cool. It has almost as much harddrive space as the computer I used troughout my college career.

But now I'm back to the ol' routine, and 'petals is back home in Connecticut. *sniff*

Now, here comes a story from the land of the ridiculous:

I got a letter in the mail yesterday from the good people down at Providence Municipal Court regarding an unpaid parking ticket I got back in March. That letter was the first time I heard about it. Then I looked at the date the ticket was issued: March 23rd. Hmmm... Well, thanks to my personal record-keeping system that I like to call my blog, I know for a fact that my car was stolen during that time. In fact, it was stolen on the 20th, 3 days before the ticket was issued. However, it wasn't recovered until the 29th. Now, keep in mind that I reported the car stolen on the same day I discovered it stolen. Do we see something wrong with this picture? That's right, boys and girls -- the dumbass cop issuing the ticket didn't stop to see that the car he was ticketing was stolen. Plus, the ticket was issued at the same location where the car was recovered.

Wait, it gets better.

I called the Municipal Court today to see if there was some easy way to take care of this, knowing full well that there wasn't, but what the hell? The clerk (who was very nice), told me that there were actually THREE parking tickets issued on my car during the 9 days it was stolen. All at the same location from which it was recovered. That means that three separate cops (or one really stupid one) issued three tickets on my car before running the plates to see if it was stolen. So now I have to go down to the police station, get a copy of the police report (which I was never given), and give that to the municipal court. And I have to do this during my lunch break because the records department is only open from 10:00 - 3:45.

The moral of the story is: If you ever commit a crime and you're worried that somebody got the license plate # of your getaway car, all you have to do to hide it is park it in plain view of every cop for miles around.

On a completely unrealted note, the Golden Sun series for the Gameboy Advance? Kicks. Major. Ass. It 0wnz my soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home