Wednesday, May 19, 2004

What L'il Shieh's been doing...

He's online a lot more now. I've almost IM'd him a bunch of times, but I keep wussing out. One of these days, I'll do it. His current away message says, "I can't believe the school of music mispelled my name on the earl v. moore award." Curious, I looked up what that was. Here's what I found out (scroll down a bit).

Excerpt:

"He has served as President of the UM American String Teachers Association for two years, and founded the Music and Social Change Initiative, through which he and other students opened and facilitated music workshops in Michigan prisons"

Jesus fuckin' christ. I am so fuckin' worthless it's not even funny. I was about to IM him, too, before I read this. Here's how I imagined the conversation going:

Me: So how's it going, man?
Shieh: Not bad -- teaching music to prisoners, writing poems and symphonies, the usual. You?
Me: I work at an insurance company.
Shieh: So, you sold out, eh?

Ok, he probably wouldn't say that last bit, but you never know.

Coincidentally, "Blog This!" is a great little tool. Props to the Blogger folk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home