Tuesday, November 02, 2004

No sleep 'til Brooklyn

There's only so many times a man can hear "too close to call" before he finally gives up and goes to sleep. I haven't reached that point yet, but I suspect in an hour or two, the urge to embrace oblivion will overwhelm me. Tomorrow I'll wake up, and it'll all ... still be going on, probably. Fuck.

I did my part for Rhode Island, though. No problems to report. I was met at the door by a vanguard of very friendly people who were hoping to persuade me to vote one or the other of 'em for councilman. Made me feel important. In the end, I ended up voting party lines anyway, but they were awfully nice folks. God bless you, Mr. Delgiudice. Or should I say, Councilman Delgiudice? You had a firm handshake and a sincere smile. And I think I voted for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home