Tuesday, June 14, 2005

OT, how I miss thee

I've gotten to the point in learning my job where I know enough to do all the shitty jobs nobody else wants to do. So they're piling them on me. This results in 9-10 hour days for me. And, now that I'm "exempt", no overtime pay. I'm beginning to think they're not paying me enough.

Okay, enough of that. In other news, I've rediscovered the joy of creating midi files. I've been translating a bunch of corny German love songs into glorious 3-6 kilobyte orgies of "choir aah" and "synth string" goodness.

I remember my brother getting me into this way back when we had our good ol' Mac SE. This was when bro called himself "Trien" and thought he was all badass 'n shit 'cuz he made himself a logo with three Ns in triangles. Whateva, punk. All the Mac could really provide in the way of entertainment was ParArena and midis. I remember thinking Allen-a-Dale was the coolest song ever when I heard it midi-style.

3 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger goldman said...

Allen a Dale. To me, the very pinnacle of high school SATB choir.

I don't really understand the lyrics, I realize.

"And nought that was game escaped him, The bushes green among."

Does this mean that green bushes were among the many types of game that did not escape master hunter Allen-a-Dale?

Cause that's honestly not terribly impressive.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Dgcopter said...

I feel, as an English major, I should have an explanation. Alas, I have none.

However, I'm wondering if "game" means "Normans". The second part talks about how they slew his father, so he went hunting. Hunting...for vengeance!

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger goldman said...

I agree - I think he's hunting for vengeance with Robin Hood.

Hopefully the Normans aren't more cunning than your average Sherwood shrub.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home