Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Shut it down!

My new favorite game: Destroy All Humans!

It's one of the funniest games I've played in a while. And there's definitely been a shortage of funny games (that are intentionally funny) since LucasArts stopped being cool. While it's not nearly as hilarious as Monkey Island or Sam 'n Max, it's pretty damn amusing.

My favorite bit -- one of your powers as a psychically-gifted alien is the ability to hypnotize people. Generally, you can either order them to distract other humans nearby through chicken-dancing or elvis-impersonating, or you can put them to sleep. The latter option allows me to pretend I'm in Dark City. Every time I hypnotize a human, I say to the TV screen, "You...can sleep." Yes, I'm an uber-geek.

And Gamespot gives it a 7.5. Thus proving my belief that a game has to have a certain amount of crappiness for me to like it. The next game I'm curious about is Advent Rising, but only because Orson Scott Card supposedly wrote the script. However, that one got a 5.7, which means it must be the shittiest game since the atari version of E.T.

And speaking of Atari, I saw something on G4 TV the other day that said some Atari games were going for $150+. I knew them shits would be worth something someday! Note to mom: whatever you do, don't throw out the box of Atari crap in the basement. That's going on Antiques Roadshow.

2 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger mikey mcclenathan said...

some funny games i've loved (which were both so F-ing hard i could never beat them): earthworm jim, toe jam and earl.

sega genesis. the glory days.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Dgcopter said...

Yeah, Earthworm Jim is a classic. Can't say I've played Toe Jam and Earl. But I was a SNES man, myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home