Monday, December 05, 2005

I'm in trouble

You know those made-for-TV movies about the evils of drugs? They all kind of go like this: guy is doing fine, but a little bored with his job, so decides to try crack. It starts out okay, just one or two hits a day. Then he starts pawning his wife's jewelry. Then he loses his job. One thing leads to another, and he ends up living in a cardboard box giving head for $20.

Replace "crack" with "World of Warcraft", and you have my problem. Right now I'm at the phase where I'm only playing an hour or two a day, but I feel myself slowly getting sucked in. I think my character might be completely shitty, but I'm gonna stick with him for now. He's a Gnome Mage. Small but fierce. Make fun of his size and he'll blast you with a fireball.

Plus, thanks to my lady, I'm now also into Champions of Norrath: Return to Arms. Now, I'm not going to say that she's a bigger geek than me, nor am I going to mention the fact that we stayed up 'til 2:00 AM on Saturday wading through hordes of baddies, but I will say that all this RPG'ing is maxing out my geekometer. I may explode in a shower of cheese puffs and Star Trek references if I'm not careful. Or end up living in a cardboard box giving head for GP.

2 Comments:

At 1:46 AM, Blogger goldman said...

What's your character name?

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Dgcopter said...

Dgcopter. But I'm not on Durotan -- I'm actually on the new server, Draka. It's kind of nice to be surrounded by a bunch of other newbs like myself. Less intimidating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home