Monday, November 21, 2005

H to the Pot times 4

Saw the new Harry Potter flick this weekend. It rocked my socks. This was the first HP movie I'd seen after having read the corresponding book, so I did have a few moments of "Wait, what happened to the part where..." But, you know, it's a matter of 700 pages versus a 2.5 hour time limit. But the ending was sufficiently horrifying. Once again I say, how in the hell do people think these books are for children?

Fun story about the wait to get in: the movie started at 8:00, and we (by which I mean me and a certain special someone who shall remain nameless for the moment) got to the theatre at around 6:45. We were told we couldn't go into the theatre yet because there were too many people inside. They directed us to some holding line outside. Funny thing about that -- there totally wasn't a damn holding line outside. So we created our own line in the box office area. About 15 other folks joined us. So time passes, and the time comes to let the folks in. Well, turns out there was a line outside hidden somewhere behind the damn building. So the powers-that-be decided to let those people go in first. You know, 'cuz they were in the real line and all. Well, I was fine with that, but the crazy Jewish mother behind me wasn't so much. Now, when you read this, imagine Kyle's (from South Park) mom. She sounded (and even kind of looked) exactly like that.

Crazy Jewish Mother: We've been waiting here for an hour! And that guy [pointing to dude working the box office] told us we could wait here! [that's true, actually]

Theatre Person: Well, those people have been standing outside since 6:00, so we're going to let them in first.

CJM: But he told us we could wait here.

TP: Look, I'm not sure what you were told, but we've got to let these other people in first. You can wait here if you want, and we'll let you in after them.

[Now a sea of folks who have been waiting outside begin to enter the theatre. CJM (and my date, the crafty wench) surreptitiously blend in with the crowd.]

TP (exasperated): Look, if you want to cut in front of people who have been waiting outside for two hours, fine. IT'S ONLY A MOVIE!!

At that point, I just shrugged my shoulders, knocked a random 12-year-old out of the way, stepped on an old lady, and headed to the sweet-ass seats my companion had saved for us.

The moral of the story: Children's literature ain't nothing to fuck with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home