Thursday, December 22, 2005

My bad

Excerpt from a review in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch of the Chamber Chorus' most recent concert:

...There were some tenor troubles along the way, and some soloists who didn't quite make the grade, but most of the singing was excellent.

Read:

...That one balding brown-haired tall dude in the back singing tenor fucked it up for everyone. Otherwise, most of the singing was excellent.

Yeah, that was me. Sorry about that, all. I shall endeavor to not be as craptastic next concert (which I just found out today that I'll be singing in ... it's at the Basilica, so it'll be friggin' awesome).

Actually, my guilt at being lousy is somewhat mediated by the fact that after the concert, our rehearsal pianist/composer/all-around nice lady came up to me and told me how she thought I sang really well. So that's something. Someday, I will sound like Pavarotti.

Speaking of Pavarotti, check out this tidbit from his Wikipedia entry:

His major breakthrough in the United States came on February 17, 1972, in a production of Donizetti's La fille du régiment at New York's Metropolitan Opera, in which he drove the crowd into a frenzy with his nine effortless high Cs in the signature aria. He achieved a record 17 curtain calls.

Nine. Fucking. High. Cs.

Yeah, that's whay he's the man. I can occasionally hit an A and make it sound good. If the weather's nice.

1 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger mikey mcclenathan said...

that's awesome, man. movin' on up movin' on up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home