Monday, December 12, 2005

Best. Allegory. Evar.

This has been a good couple of months for children's literature. First there was the Harry Potter flick, now there's Narnia. Man, that movie kicked some ass. I totally geeked out -- to the great annoyance of those around me. I was the guy who sat there with a big grin on his face saying things like, "Ooh, this is the part where..." I don't care what C.S. Lewis thinks, Disney did a pretty damn good job with the anthropomorphic animals. Although, I must confess, I don't quite remember a huge Lord of the Rings-style battle scene in the middle of the book. I mean, I guess there was some kinda fighting going on, but I'm pretty sure Lewis went light on the bloodshed.

On a completely unrelated note, does anybody else remember the cartoon "Freakazoid"? Was it really as edgy and unsuitable-for-children as I remember it being?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home