Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Desperation: It's not just a small town in central Nevada

Saw the other part of Kill Bill this weekend. The lady pretty much sums up how I feel about it. One additional comment: I want the soundtrack. I've had it in my head for the past 3 days.

I've been reading a Stephen King novel (my first, I think) called "Desperation". True to form, it's freaky. It's about these people who end up in this little town called ... you guessed it. Supernatural scariness ensues. It seems the King has a thing for kids who talk to god (see also: "The Shining"). The main thing I noticed about King is that the way he writes -- it's very transparent. He gives you just enough environmental info. to orient yourself, then lets dialogue carry the action. I can see why he's popular. Plus, he can tell one heckuva scary story, long-winded though it may be (this book is somewhere around 700 pages). But it's given me something to do today; I've had one call all day long. Well, two, actually. The other one got to me by mistake and I transferred it to the right place. It's a little boring, as you might imagine.

I've been playing "Terranigma" (sorry, no link to an old pre-Square Enix action/RPG for the SNES) again -- that is one damn good game, I tell you what. They don't make 'em like they used to.

Didja hear that Quentin is going to direct the next James bond flick? That would be fun, eh? Maybe it won't suck. Or, at least, it will suck in a different way from all previous sucky James Bond flicks (which is to say, all previous James Bond flicks). I can see it now. The villains will bitch that they were given shitty nicknames, people will say "motherfucker" every five seconds, and nobody will be wearing shoes. And it'll have a crazy-violent torture scene with a bitchin' soundtrack. It'll be great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home