Thursday, April 14, 2005

Hook me up

I knew there was a reason to be proud of my alma mater. Check it. An alarm clock that measures your brain activity and wakes you up at the lightest point in your sleep cycle so you don't feel groggy. That is the awesomest idea evah. I would totally preorder one now if I could. And if I knew how much it cost.

I have a request for you literate types out there. I saw that episode of the Simpsons last night where Krusty decides he's going to quit showbiz because he can't be funny anymore. So he calls a press conference and starts to read a poem that includes the line, "Runners whom the race outran..." My question: what the hell is that poem? I tried googling that line and got gornischt (are you proud of me, mama, for using Yiddish?). But "The race outran" got four hits, one of which seems to indicate it's a poem by Houseman, but I can't find the actual text of the poem. Help me out, peoples. It sounded like a cool poem.

UPDATE: Nevermind. Found it. Actually, the line is "runners whom renown outran," which is far less interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home