Friday, April 29, 2005

It's over!

Today was my last day at the ol' job. Still waiting to hear if my employment will continue with them in St. Louis.

As lame and boring as my job was, the people I worked with were awfully nice. They were very accomodating and really did their best to sell me to the folks in St. Louis for a job that I'm not actually qualified to do. If it works out, it'd be pretty cool, though. A lot less lame. And boring.

Now begins the cleaning/packing phase. It's times like these that make me wish one could fast-forward TiVo-style through a week or two and get back to the good stuff. But I'm still super psyched about coming to my hometown. To wit, I had a crazy dream last night that I was at a meeting with a bunch of people I went to high school with. Among them: L'il Shieh, Nishant, Joe LaManna (by cell phone), Ms. Mynx, and Todd Kosloff. I don't know if you remember him -- big guy, talked kinda funny? He was asking me to explain his 1099-R form. For those of you not in the know, that's a tax form you get when you take a withdrawal from a pre-tax retirement plan.

Weird thing about the Joe LaManna appearance...at some point, Nishant's cell phone rang. He answered it, "Hey, Joe!" Ms. Mynx said, "Which Joe is that? LaManna or Tucek? (remember him?)" Nishant replied, "LaManna." Ms. Mynx then exclaimed, "Good! I HATE Tucek!"

My subconscious is friggin' weird.

2 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Dgcopter said...

Yep, that's the guy. And Tucek was awfully pale & skinny. But maybe he's really buff now.

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Just thought I'd stop by and say hi. By the way, I would never be so responsible as to put money into a retirement fund.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home