Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Pain -- it's not just French bread

Lemme tell ya: Getting in shape sucks. We're talking "wake-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night" kind of pain. On the plus side, I can now have conversations that begin with me saying, "I was at the gym the other day..." Chicks dig that. Or so I'm told. Now I just need to find some chicks. Also, I've started drinking this protein supplement (for muscle-building purposes, seeing as how I lack ... um, muscles) which tastes exactly like chocolate milk. So that's nice.

Plus, the exercising (and subsequent pain) takes my mind off the job stuff. Which also kinda sucks right now. 35 clients asking me for stuff + me not knowing what the hell I'm doing = me going bald a lot quicker than I would be otherwise.

Although I did learn about a fun little website called FreeErisa that allows you to take a look at the past 5500s companies have filed with the IRS. For those of you not in the know, the 5500 is a form (series of forms, really) that companies with retirement or other "employee welfare" plans (don't ask) have to file every year disclosing various tidbits about them. For example, Google's 401k plan had 1048 participants with balances at the end of 2003. And $18,053,693 in net assets at the end of 2003 (up from $5,118,733 at the beginning of the year...damn, that's a big jump). Yeehaw!

2 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger mikey mcclenathan said...

hey man, my job is making my hair go grey. does this mean we're growing up?

in an unrelated note, you should go to www.tourettesguy.com (but not at work) and laugh for hours like i just did.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Dgcopter said...

I have my doubts if that guy really has tourettes. I think he's just a dick.

Although, I wouldn't mind having a t-shirt that said, "Let me tell you something about porcupine balls: they're small, and they don't give a SHIT!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home