Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Parable of the Flat Tire

Not a pleasant way to start your morning, let me tell you. Especially when you can't find the goddam jack.

As I was struggling with a jack that was lent to me by a mechanic that Bill knows, this guy pulls over and offers to help me. Check this out: he also drives an old white Toyota Camry and his name is also David. That's some freaky coincidence right there. So David helps me out with the changing of the tire. Afterwards he says:

"Do you mind, I'm going to pray with you?"
Me: "Um, no go ahead."

So he prays. A little prayer to Jesus thanking Him for allowing him the opportunity to help out his fellow man.

It's enough to make you want to convert. Or at least rediscover your religion in a way that doesn't involve Holy Muffins and getting dressed up to impress the yentas at Rosh Hashannah and Yom Kippur.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger Dgcopter said...

Well, this guy was kinda cute, but he was married. And I don't go for the uber-religious types much.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger mikey mcclenathan said...

whoa that is some story. score one for the overly religious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home